Sunday, June 12, 2016

Because of Mama, I'm an Artist.

So thankful for a mother that exposed me to the arts!!!!!! Because of her, I have a healthy appreciation for a wide range of music, theatre, and many other artistic expressions of culture and humanism. Because of her, I have a beautiful love affair with the pen. Because of her, I had a chance to be center stage with natural talent and cultivated confidence. Because of her, I have a beautiful memory of colors, shapes, and textures.
Thank you, Mama. You are the reason why I consider myself an artist.
And special thanks to Scroggins Elementary's fine arts department. In my other life, I had the opportunity to draw, paint, tile, sculpt, and weave. You made the first ten years of my life, rich with color!
P.S. A lot of people don't know this... I actually placed in a city wide contest when I was a kid. And if I have to say what I miss the most about seeing, it would be the beautiful art that God has painted and sculpted the world with.

No comments:

Post a Comment